Dedicated to Domination

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Too Fast, Too Furious

This morning, I was watching headline news. Usually I like to actually watch this show because I enjoy reading the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen, but when I am getting dressed in the mornings, I do not have time to watch, I can only listen. This morning I was running a bit early and I got to watch this clip about all of the flooding in Washington, D.C. It was wild. The IRS even had to close. I am sure this will not affect my taxes.

Well as always they had to interview an idiot. Unfortunately, they always seem to find the most ignorant black person to interview. If there is not an ill dressed black person, the second choice is a trashy white person. I swear they could see an assortment of black and white people in business suits and the media would go wake up a homeless person to interview. However, I digress.

This time they found a normal person to interview. Just a regular white male. I almost died when I heard him speak. The dialogue went something like this.

Reporter: "So mister, tell me what you saw."
Dude: "Well, I saw all this rain falling. It was really wild. Just 2-4 inches came up from nowhere."
Reporter: "What happened next."
Dude: "It just kept raining and it kept coming down more fast and furious."

This is the part where the reporter should have said "Get the fuck out of here. Are you kidding me? Did you seriously just explain the weather conditions with the title of a movie?"

Well, it didn't go that way. The interview just ended. I laughed so hard. The bigger question is, what kind of society are we living in when the most eloquent phrases are only conceived by Hollywood writers. (This coming from a guy that quotes movies and song lyrics at will. Me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home