Dedicated to Domination

Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Monday...

Here I am. How amazing. Today I think I will tackle two things. Why do old people wear so much polyester and what exactly makes the electric slide, so damned electric.

Ye Olde People
I have thought about this for a while. I see older people in polyester like it is going out of style. The thing that makes this so odd, is that it has gone out of style. So they can stop. Now, I know that when you get to a certain age, you really do begin to care less what others think of you. Look at me, I act like an ass everyday. Hate or love it, this is who I AM! I don't however, make a habit out of wearing crazy clothes (at least I don't think). I think perhaps, it is not even the fact that they are wearing this particular material so much as the colors of the clothes they are wearing. Tell me old man, just where exactly did you get a pair of mint green pants and a matching plaid blazer? Old woman, where by chance did you find a lavender pants suit with a brown puffy necked blouse and a giant bumblebee brooch? Well, I guess I have no theory on this one. Exciting none the less though.

Maximum Power
I think I have you covered on this one though. Now, for those of you that know me personally, I know a little bit about electricity. It's the truth. So, I can be the first, or one of them, to tell you that, in literal terms, the electric slide, is not electric. It is the most fun dance in the world. This has been proven by real scientists with MATH and THEORIES. Don't argue with me here. Now, here is the kicker. The reason it is called the electric slide is because it is contagious and people jump up to do it faster than real lightning would bounce from head to head in a pool fool of those crazy people that put aluminum foil on their heads during a lightning storm.

1 Comments:

  • I think you left out an important question in regards to old peoples' clothing. Namely...where do they GET this crap? Is it stuff they have left over from when it was in style? (If it ever was in style in the first place.) Or is there actually a company out there somewhere still manufacturing day-glo orange polyester running suits with elastic at the bottom? Whatever the case, I think old people wear that stuff because they are, at least in my experience, very frugal by nature. Or, maybe with the wisdom of age they have discovered that outside appearances don't matter, and it's what's inside a person that counts. Or some crap like that.

    By Blogger Smolls, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home