Dedicated to Domination

Monday, August 07, 2006

Bumbaclot!, Lord have mercy, Irie! (in a Jamaican accent):A letter to Sean Paul

I like a little bit of reggae. Very little. Mostly I like the traditional sounds, such as Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, etc., and I like a little bit of the chant stuff, most recently Matisyahu. I can't stand dancehall. This means you Sean Paul. Please explain to me how you can speak perfect English sometimes and others you sounds like a deaf/mentally challenged child. Sure I will watch your video to see all of the crazy dances but I could live without your craptastic lyrics that I can only understand a few words of.

Sean Paul, I fail to realize how you can mumble through a whole verse of garbage and then find the time to put a few words in each verse that sound like perfect English. If you can speak in an audible fashion, why not do it all the time?

Case in point, this new song sounds like you are saying. "Da da da da da da, you are making me harney (supposed to be horny, I think), dada dada dad dang dang, fulfill my fantasy." What I don't understand is, you don't even pick just easy words to say in plain English. You even pick multi-syllabic words.

So Mister Paul, I implore you. Please please speak English or Jamaican not both or neither.

Live and direct!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home