Dedicated to Domination

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Uselessness

As many of you may know, I work for the man. So, I am continuously subjected to lowest bidder rhetoric. The way the government works is, in order to be fair, whenever something is needed, it goes out to bid. The lowest bidder is awarded the contract. Many, myself included, think this leads to poor quality materials. Case in point. Cheap toilet paper.

It dawned on me today, that in theory, something that nobody likes or wants should not exist. Now I know this may not always be true, such as with diseases, but I am thinking more along the lines of man made items. So, since no one likes cheap toilet paper, it would stand to reason that it should not exist. The people selling the stuff surely can't subject themselves to it. I won't get into the reasons why it sucks but everyone knows that it does. So, I suggest that they, whoever they are, stop making it. We all hate it.

On a lighter note, my bud Greg at work said the coolest damned thing today. We were talking about people in old cars with big expensive shiny rims and these other dudes in a car club over by my house that all drive dodge neons.

His quote was...
"Quit wanting to be somebody and just be somebody."

Ever so simple and eloquent, I couldn't have said it myself. People, just be yourselves and reach for your dreams or something.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Well said, well said. There is nothing like durable toilet paper to withstand the times when s*** gets deep! LOL. But on a serious note, if you were to research the manufacturers of toilet paper you will find many to be owned by the same company. Hmmmmm...what does that tell you? Many would reason by concluding acquistions and diversification srategies were employed to result in such synergy, but I have another thought. I'll keep it to myself in for fear of "the man" coming after me. Kudos to you and your boy for his statement.

    ~Larry Ricks

    By Blogger kopaj, at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home