Dedicated to Domination

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Here's A Concert Review From Me To You!



Last Friday I had the pleasure of attending the Citizen Cope concert. I
went to see him at the end of last year and I will have to say it was one of
the best shows I had seen in a long time. I would even put the show on par
with the The Roots. If you haven't had a chance to check it out listen
here.

The first time I saw them at The Norva, it was a very intimate
setting. I mean, they had tables and bar stools on the main floor of the
venue and it was not packed at all. Very chill. They even introduced a new
artist there (Alice Smith). It was wonderful and the sound was
amazing.

Anyway, I should have known the new show would be doomed from the start. It
starts off like this. Two months ago they announce the show and the tickets
go on sale. I promptly purchase them, because that is what I do. One week
before the show, my friend Chris (check out his band here) gets given FREE
tickets and offers me some. I decline for myself, since like an idiot I
already bought them, and pass them on to my bud Brad(here). I even tell a
friend how good the last show was and he drives from D.C. to check it out.

Well I guess a lot of people got free tickets because the show turned out to
be more like some 2-bit band at a frat party. Most of the time I couldn't
hear Cope since people beside me wanted to talk about their job and what bar
on Granby Street they would be hitting up next. When I could hear, I
couldn't see because some lady with 80's hair was all up in my grill. So I
couldn't even really get into and I spent most of the show fuming, wanting
to leave, or feeling embarrassed that I had hyped up the show so much to my
friends and then it was a bust.

I guess I should just keep my expectations low, and my mouth closed, unless
it is a Roots show.

At least I got my name in lights!

2 Comments:

  • That show would have been cooler if that screen said PUBES! on it. Damn censors.

    By Blogger BK, at 10:28 AM  

  • Brian Gaskins rocks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home