Dedicated to Domination

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What Kind of Fuckery is This?

So, this afternoon I was reading this article about an over the counter weight loss pill. This pill has been approved by the FDA, although no long term risks can be known at this time. Well, I said to myself, "Damn that is a good idea. A lot of people could benefit from something like this." Well wouldn't you know, it is not the magic pill that people are going to be looking for. It still needs to be combined with proper diet, exercise, etc. If used correctly it can add up to a 5% increase in weight loss pounds.

Well, I think we both know that people are going to try and use it like a diet pill and eat whatever they want. However, I advise against this, and this is where the fuckery comes in. Read the article yourself I am not making this up.

From the article:

"Trials did not show any major adverse effects, meaning it is generally safe, but use of alli was found to cause some side effects such as causing gas with discharge, oily discharge, increased number of bowel movement, oily spotty, oily or fatty stools, urgent need to have a bowel movement and inability of controlling bowel movement.

These side effects can be more significant among those who do not stick to a low fat diet. Because of this, Glaxo recommends patients use dark underwear."

Are you serious!? Wear dark underwear? Some scientist decided this? How about maybe you should just eat half a Twinkie less. I would not take any pill that would cause me to leak out of my butt. Not to mention the price. About $360 for a 6 month supply. Basically, you would be paying someone for them to let you shit on yourself.

Trust me. Enough people are going to shit on you during your life time, that you should not be paying someone to do it, when it WILL be happening anyway. The difference being of course, that one is metaphorical and one is physical. The results can be the same either way, but I digress. Any one else think this is whack?

P.S.

Now listening to new janks! (see sidebar)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Classic! Now all I need to do is find a diet pill that makes me constipated and I can combine the two. Maybe then I will even out. Not shit my pants, not never shit, AND lose weight! Get on it!

    Seriously, drug companies are scandalous. I like the, FDA-approved, yet we have no idea if it could kill you in 1 year. Ridiculous.

    By Blogger BK, at 11:07 PM  

  • Brian, if you EVER use the phrase "oily or fatty stools" in your blog again, I swear I will stop reading.

    Gross.

    I was eating breakfast.

    Ew.

    By Blogger Smolls, at 9:52 AM  

  • I htought I had heard that said bm could occur without warning if one does not strictly adhere to their diet! Not for those without self control. But then I suppose they wouldn't be in that predicament if they had it in the first place, which leads me to think this is just some cruel joke scientists are playing on lazy fat people - what do you think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home