Dedicated to Domination

Monday, January 21, 2008

Babies! Aliens! Real monsters?!

Yo. I am a bit confused about pregnancy. Not in the way you might think though. Like, I think I have the basics down about how it all happens and what not, but here is the part that I think is odd.

Why are pregnant people always, no matter how pregnant, rubbing their stomachs. I don't see how it could be calming. In fact, maybe it would only freak you out more, because I am sure, that even after 9 months, it still feels pretty foreign to have something growing inside of you. Almost, Alien. Which brings me to my next point.

You never saw that robot dude from Alien, or Aliens, or aliens, rubbing his robot, stomach. That is if robots even have stomachs, so let's say robot torso. He had sensors and stuff and he wasn't rubbing his. It's just odd. That is all I am saying. Then again, maybe he wasn't rubbing it with his hand, but he was feeling with his robot parts.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I do not believe that the baby lies in the stomach. I believe it is called a uterus. Gosh, you're so sexist.

    By Blogger BK, at 8:16 AM  

  • i don't think you are really scared of the "alien"... i think you are just scared of the baby that arrives after those 9 months.

    By Blogger Emily, at 11:11 AM  

  • Yes, yes, and yes. I guess being 5 months preggo myself, rubbing my belly is a way of me saying hello to my growing fetus :) I can't explain why, but it's very comforting.

    Ryan rubs his belly all the time and I can assure you he is not pregnant! He has been doing it for well over a year therefore it is not even somewhat sympathetic :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home